Bioderma Solution Micellaire


BIODERMA'S EAU MICELLAIRE CRÉALINE H2O or BIODERMA MICELLAR WATER is a makeup remover and facial cleanser (also safe on the eyes) specially formulated for sensitive skin. It cleanses the skin without the use of soap or alcohol helping maintain the natural pH of the skin. It's safe for everyday use, morning and night. It helps reduce redness and it really thoroughly cleanses without jeopardizing the integrity of your skin.



So now that I've told you what it does, you're probably still wondering, what the heck is it?? Well, they're lipid micelles suspended in an aqueous solution. Come again? The micelles are microscopic oil clusters that micro-emmulsify makeup and impurities thus cleaning without compromising the skin's balance.
Bioderma's Eau Micellaire comes in variety of "flavors": for oily, dry, sensitive and babies' skin. They're all meant to be very gentle on the skin but of course I own the one for sensitive skin.

This really is an amazing product! I can't say enough good things about it. I've always had trouble washing my face twice a day because even the midlest cleansers would still dry out and sensitize my skin. About 10 years ago, one of my dematologists suggested a few no-rinse cleansers (one I recall was from La-Roche Posay) but I didn't like them, mostly because they left a strange film on my skin that made me feel like it wasn't quite clean. Bioderma's Eau Micellaire doesn't do that. It gives me that perfect clean feeling while being really gentle on my skin. Bioderma is a french brand that is unfortunately extremely overpriced in NYC :( and definitely not student-budget friendly. It's quite ridiculous because it's extremely reasonably priced in France. I got TWO bottles of 500ml last time I was in Paris for 20 Euros! In NYC it costs $48 for ONE! I religiously used it morning and night for about 5 months, from the end of November to the end of April when I emptied the first bottle. It was the best cleanser I've ever used during the winter months.

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, propylene glycol, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, disodium edta, cetrimonium bromide.

PRICE: $48 (500ml) in the U.S
             10-11€ (500ml) in France
 
CONS: Not 100% natural and if you don't live in France, you won't have an easy time finding it!

BOTTOM LINE: One of the best sensitive skin cleansers in the market. 100% Sensitastic approved!

WHERE TO BUY: www.newlondonpharmacy.com (U.S)
                             Most french pharmacies (FR)
                             Some Monoprix (FR)

No comments:

Post a Comment